LegacyGT.com

Ej25D to ej20 turbo swap?

Hello and regards from Bulgaria,

I was unable to find information related directly to my case so I wanted to ask guys this :

I have a 1997 Legacy 2.5 EJ25D with auto transmission . The transmission needs replacement ( I have a spare one but ...) . The engine has a small piston slap but otherwise is in very good condition for it's age.(340 000 km on the clock) Also there is one guy interested to buy it.

I have a donor car Subaru Forester 2.0 turbo 1999 with Manual transmission with original 80 000 miles on the clock. I bought it from UK for parts and I am thinking to move the Engine+transmission in to my Legacy.

2. Questions

1.I know that they will fit but will the electrical installation also fit ? what needs to be done and is there someone who has done this before? Can someone send me some info?

2. Does it worth all this work?I have invested big amount of money in this car, fixed the body, 8 new tyres+ STI rims ,shocks ,springs, timing +head gaskets ,

can you do this swap? = yes

is it easy? = no

you would have to change the ECU and the wire harness to get it to run.

plus any hardware to accommodate the turbos like the cross member, etc.

there should be a sticky thread at the top of the page with turbo swap info.

can you do this swap? = yes

is it easy? = no

you would have to change the ECU and the wire harness to get it to run.

plus any hardware to accommodate the turbos like the cross member, etc.

there should be a sticky thread at the top of the page with turbo swap info.

I read this topic. It's very useful. I found this in it:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f128/t141937-brydon-teaches-you-merge-harness.html

but I am not sure that it will help because the forester is a bit different.I need to compare the cabling that I have from the forester.

I forgot to mention that I also own a 1996 STI V3 engine but It's not a complete set. I don't have the ECU , Wirings, Turbo ,ignition coils and other so I think that it's a mission impossible to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived