LegacyGT.com

free lightweight pulley good or bad

No the deteriourated rubber was letting.the outer ring shift on the inner hub. Have seen this before on my 350 sb in my jersey speed skiff. stock harmonic dampner slipped part way off the hub. almost with catastrofic results-would have thrown the outer ring threw the hull. run the sb in the boat 6,500 rpm=75 to 80mph. Replaced it with a fluid dampner. It does run a lot smoother, also one piece,can't seperate. Also since I'm replacing the stock pulley (Thats what subaru calls it). oem probably cost about the same as the grimmspeed which can't come apart. Really wanted the ATI, but can't afford it right now. Not makeing the$ I used to.

Yea my stock one is 2 piece press as well ive asked a very well known engine builder from my area that said do it whats it gonna hurt u live in New York your stock one has rusted, rubber is breaking away and its been on car for 18 years. And he also said as mentioned before its not reving out @ 25000rpm and has what 100whp and its a boxer engine neutral balance motor and the density of alum one being softer metal would Prolly remove just as much vibrations as OEM one at this point due to condition its in I still have yet to have any problems. The only thing ive done to this car is lower it, catback, DIY ground kit, 07 2.5i wheels, and intake, so its not a power house at all and at this point its 4eat

• 1 year later...

Archived