LegacyGT.com

Help! CEL p2016

I threw this code a while ago. Had my local shop look at it. They replaced the sensor and it went away. Then today it came back on. Could it be something more serious? My car is a stage 1 05 OBXT. Thanks!

I have been having the same issue on and off for a few months now.

I can sometimes clear it by unplugging the sensors and connecting it all back up but it soon comes back up.

A tgv delete is an option (e.g. grimmspeed) but you will need the codes removed from your ECU. You can do this yourself with a tactrix cable and romraider or just go to your local tuner.

I am still weighing up whether to do this myself, to get the intakes off looks to be a reasonable amount of work with plenty of plumbing to unplug. For those that have done it how difficult a job?

I can sometimes clear it by unplugging the sensors and connecting it all back up but it soon comes back up.

A tgv delete is an option (e.g. grimmspeed) but you will need the codes removed from your ECU. You can do this yourself with a tactrix cable and romraider or just go to your local tuner.

I am still weighing up whether to do this myself, to get the intakes off looks to be a reasonable amount of work with plenty of plumbing to unplug. For those that have done it how difficult a job?

I have an accessport so I can just clear the codes. If I attempt the delete ill make sure to take lots of photos and write ups

Archived