LegacyGT.com

Hazard Switch Bulb Part Number

Does anyone have the part number for the hazard switch for a 1997 Outback? Dealer wants ~$12.00 for it and thought I'd check to see if it was available online. However I'm having a difficult time searching for it. Note this is the bulb for the hazard switch inside the vehicle.

If you pull the bulb from one of the switches on the colomn, like fog/rear defrost ect you can pull the bulb out and just slide it into the base of the hazard. bulbs are the same size and everything and It'll cost you maybe $5 for a handful at a junkyard. That's how I fixed mine. the dealer price is insane and they never have them in stock

DSCF0580.thumb.jpg.cc44e5e34f1e43dd70cc083ed24c78ed.jpg

I haven't had my hazard switch out to replace the light yet, but with other little dash/button bulbs, I've had good luck rolling my own. You can get baggies of tiny incandescent bulbs at places like Radioshack. If it's in a neo-wedge style fixture, just use some needle nose pliers and wire cutters to remove the old bulb. Thread the new one in and twist the contact wires around the neo wedge base. I had a writeup with photos of how to do this in a Volvo radio but I have no clue where it is now :/

Archived