LegacyGT.com

99 SUS parts questions.

Hi everyone, I had a few questions about the SUS I bought two weeks ago. I know that it is basically a Legacy sedan with an Outback suspension, but other then looking for an SUS in a junkyard would I be able to use an Outback for the suspension parts?

Example, I had to replace my driver side wheel bearing, but after getting the snap ring out, I put it on a 20,000 lb press to pop out the other half. I literally had the spindle red hot with a blow torch and still could not break it loose. I ended up bending the ears on it and had to find a new one. Instead of going to the dealer and paying a ridiculous amount of money, I decided to go to a junkyard.

The problem is, I cant find an SUS, I did however find a 99 Outback with ABS. The spindle looks identical, so I bought it. With that being said, do I have to find an Outback, or will Wagon/GT/L parts work? I ask only because I have found alot of Wagons and base model sedans in junkyards.

Second question, I need to find a passenger side fender, front bumper, grill, fog lights, passenger side headlight and turn signal. Is there a website that has these specific parts, or again, can the be taken off of a 99 Outback? Im running on a limited budget right now, so anything to save money will help. I cant seem to find all of the parts on Ebay, just certain ones.

At some point in the future I would like to swap the interior to leather, but I wont do it unless I have every part (I.E. panels, seats and wood grain for the rest of the dash).Any help or info will be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jacob in Bristol TN

wheel hubs = 95 - 99 are all the same as long as they have ABs like yours.

front end parts = there is an ad on craigslist, lynchburg, for 90 - 99 outback parts, key word appomattox.

although the hood in the pic is not a 98 outback, no scoope.

http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/pts/4389490514.html

in the future, try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

sort by zip code.

some times it is better to buy from a non-rust state and have it shipped to the door.

assuming you have the time to wait.

it may also be cheaper.

welcome to the party.

I love the SUS

try searchtempest.com, you can search every craigslist within X miles of you. I usually search for Subaru in Auto Parts. Since it sounds like you need quite a bit of stuff maybe you should just look for a parts car?

wheel hubs = 95 - 99 are all the same as long as they have ABs like yours.

front end parts = there is an ad on craigslist, lynchburg, for 90 - 99 outback parts, key word appomattox.

although the hood in the pic is not a 98 outback, no scoope.

http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/pts/4389490514.html

in the future, try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

sort by zip code.

some times it is better to buy from a non-rust state and have it shipped to the door.

assuming you have the time to wait.

it may also be cheaper.

welcome to the party.

I saw that ad too and noticed no hood scoop. I would mind getting the rims but he sold them already.

Archived