LegacyGT.com

Streetfighter Outback Build

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh man, the wife and I are hoping to do that in June also Subieadam, I can't wait to have a garage again!

boattlebot, I use my church parking lot sometimes, they are cool with it lol! Once I spent like 6 hours swapping out a timing belt tensioner in the parking lot of an O'reillys and during a storm, with basic hand tools. Was 3 hours away from home. That day made me hate my car for months. I'm finally starting to sort of like it again... Lol

It is very nice to have a stable environment with all of your tools accessible in one spot.... its been very cool and I am thankful that I can rent a house!

There are a couple things I have planned for the coming weekend but it all depends on work. I plan on using an impreza steering rack so I dont have much to loose with the OB rack so I will take it apart and de-power it converting it into a manual rack.

Secondly I will remove the complete OB rear subframe assembly to test fit the 02 WRX rear sub assembly since I am concerned about interference with he gas tank. I think I will have to use a WRX tank but we will find out soon enough.

The determining factor if I can get this accomplished is if I will have sunday off. I am working saturday, but I also might be at the race track on sunday since our dealership is running a car in the Ferrari Challenge. It is the Ferrari Challenge at Sonoma and I might need to be there.

So the parts keep rolling in. Here is a Tanabe Hyper medalion that is used. I ordered it from Japan and it came off a R32 GTR. I had to have it, but believe me it wasnt this shiny... I used some nice metal polish with a pneumatic air wheel to shine it to its original finish.. Seems brand new now.

It will look great on the OB since its kinda a big ass on the car. You need a big exhaust to fill it up!

IMG_4748.thumb.jpg.ad76f98604e537a75f4dcf3a4e9fdc7e.jpg

IMG_5781.thumb.jpg.e969d2dc98f242f5b37d48792aa4eae4.jpg

IMG_6453.thumb.jpg.ed2ec10b1fc0d0f7711795a1c208b1d4.jpg

IMG_6739.jpg.acca115ea4d5b3b81b0948b7975b4b29.jpg

Just thought I would throw it out there, I have quite a bit of stuff up in the members classifieds like a complete set of OB 15" wheels, stock red top injectors, OB starter motor for 4EAT, Complete ABS system, and there are more and more parts flying off the car including the 4EAT that is currently in the shed. I also have an external trans cooler that I was using with the auto. All up for sale.

What would u take for the rims? And can u even ship those to 19464?

I can ship them anywhere in the US, Shipping to you is about 100 bucks for the 4 wheels n tires, and I wanted 200 plus shipping so that would be abt 300. They are very clean for being 17 years old, and the tires have quite a bit of tread on them also.

Last night I got in the parts from Japan to rebuild my headlights, so I began the process. Also I am making the modification to the cutoff line of the light projection so I dont blind the oncoming traffic anymore. You can see the details in my JDM headlight thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-headlights-224895.html

I started to scrape off the undercoating last night, and at the rate I am going I should have the whole front of the car undercoat free buy the end of saturday. I will update with pics tomorrow.

Scraping undercoating off is soo much fun.... Anyways ive been a bit busy, but looks like this weekend my painter is coming by and we will finish up the body work in the engine bay, and hopefully lay some paint down to finish that chapter of the story... Also the headlights are almost finished. I took em apart, cleaned all of the sealant off them and repainted some pieces. Just have to finish modding the projector cut off lines and then I will slap em back together with some fresh new headlight sealant. So after this weekend I should have a pile of pics to throw at you guys lol... Stay tuned

• 3 weeks later...
The dashboard is out of the car now, and I am removing the EVAP unit so I can block all the holes for painting. I have been side tracked doing sidework and fixing other peoples cars instead of my own but I am starting to get a little done here and there. Currently working on a 88 mazda 323 GTX.

• 3 weeks later...
Had a little bit of time for the project so I rebuilt the intake manifold. Completely disassembled and rebuilt with all new seals and gaskets including the fuel pipes. As you can see I also treated the fuel pipes to make it seem as though gold is running through its vains.

IMG_0464.jpg.e8b1e76a6ef81d517e7e08e1eda428aa.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg.7358a5d30136bb0f197e8442c5ca6679.jpg

Archived