LegacyGT.com

calling members within 2 hours of Albany NY

Learjet45

Hello fellow Legacy enthusiasts,

I'm on my schools Formula SAE team at RPI in Troy, NY. We're reaching the point in the year where we need to begin actual testing of our car.

For the last few years, we were able to test at a facility that included a portion of land purchased from an airport, perfect for our autocross style track layouts (the local SCCA held autocross events there in fact).

The company that owned the land we tested at was bought out at the beginning of this school year, and we are no longer allowed to test on their property due to their new insurance.

We are in search of an area as close to the Albany region as possible, up at 2 or so hours away (at most, preferably closer), where we might be able to test. We mostly need a paved parking lot/area large enough to drive our FSAE racecar on an autocross type track.

If you know of an area that could meet these needs, I'd greatly appreciate if you could pass the info along. We do all of our testing on weekends, so if it's a business or such that is not open on weekends that's a plus. We try to go out as soon as there's enough light and stay until it's too dark to keep testing.

Thanks in advance!

The first place that came to mind for me was limerock park in northwestern CT. Google maps says it's 1hr 24min from Albany.

http://www.limerock.com/

Thanks, considered it before. At one point in the past, we tested there, but it's been many years. I tried contacting them with their webform, we'll see if it gets anywhere.

Archived