LegacyGT.com

Vacuum leak... but where?

DrieStone

I just got my LGT and I bought a handful of parts including a Cobb tuner. I flashed the Stage 1 91 octane, and the car started acting odd at idle (runs really rough). I returned it to stock, and it continued to have the issue. After reflashing the stage 1 (and some driving), I got a CE light, with a P0171, P0304-P0301, and a PFFFE. My fuel trim is +25%. The car runs fine under load, but idle is really rough (it was actually stalling on occasion so I increased idle +300 rpm for now).

After some research, I think the increased boost with stage 1 blew a hose somewhere and now I have a vacuum leak. I could hear a hiss coming from under the intake manifold. When I sprayed some starter fluid in there the idle would improve.

I tugged on the vacuum lines but everything seems to be attached. I'm a little confused as to what could be the line that I'm having issue with. At first I thought it was the wastegate solenoid (spraying there improves idle), but I think it's something behind it. There are two larger hoses on the backside of the manifold that when sprayed also made a difference. What else is under there that might be giving me a problem?

I'm hesitant to remove the intake manifold to search for the problem, but I may remove the TMIC in my search.

I could hear a hiss coming from under the intake manifold. When I sprayed some starter fluid in there the idle would improve.

There is a blue T fitting that may have blew apart. You should be able to see it when looking between the intercooler and manifold. It's very easy to get to with the intercooler removed.

+1. That should be exactly it. Check under the TMIC. You will most likely have the leak there. Make sure you zip tie everything. Happened to me twice.

see->http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tiny-rubber-hose-came-off-lots-cel-codes-163556.html

Archived