LegacyGT.com

Where to purchase oem speakers

LightFantastic

Why would you want to do that? I think I still have mine of you want them, unless you want new. Then you go to a dealer. And bring the lube and grab your ankles.

Did you get my message?

I'll just keep this short and say efficiency rules. My transmission needs a rebuild, power steering rack needs replacing, and now my timing is off. Audio can wait. If I do it again, I'll be using a bit one or ms8. The line level route wasn't cutting it for me.

RIP doors

20140324_204914.thumb.jpg.c1a1b10362556331d27c9bd76562da4c.jpg

If you still have your front tweeters and mid woofers, I'll take them.

Also, I am interested in installing an aftermarket underseat subwoofer. Will the OEM harness plug directly into the aftermarket powered subwoofer? Can I power it using the the power rail off the HU? If you are familiar with the harness, solder one up and send it along with the speakers. I caught that Weller in your build thread. Just let me know what you want and I'll send you the funds.

Thanks

Unlikely you can power an aftermarket sub off the OEM HU circuit with OEM harness.

I think I may actually have front mids and tweets, I'll check tonight.

FWIW, too late now, but that dynamat stuff isn't intended to be used like that. You just need small amounts in strategic places. Mass loaded vinyl, or MLV is what you use to keep sound out of the doors.

I'll shoot you a PM or text after I check tonight.

Here's the powered subwoofer:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YzlOZmT9QWY/p_113KSCSW11/Kenwood-KSC-SW11.html

You're correct. I don't own an RTA, but I bet half of what you see is just added weight. By the time I had all the holes sealed, and baffle clayed, I just kind of said the heck with it and did the whole thing. 25% of what you see is deadener. The remaining 75% is massing.

I am familiar with Don. I've spent a few years on deema. Some of the things may seem a bit impractical -and the probably are, but hey it's what we do.

edit: you should see some of the IASCA builds. Concrete lmao

So that sub has a 10A fuse on the +12VDC line, so in theory you could wire it up to the factory radio harness. To tap that, your best bet is to contact David Carter, member SVXdc (http://ae64.com/) and get a combination FWD/REV harness for the LGT. Then you can run your own power and switched +12VDC to the sub.

Height wise I'm not sure if that unit will fit under the seat, so I'd definitely measure first.

DIYMA is a great resource, and yes, much of what we do may not seem practical to others, but it's a hobby that keeps me away from hookers and gambling, so the wife doesn't mind :D

Archived