LegacyGT.com

How much to expect to pay for timing service?

My tuner wants $700 + parts + labor for:

Timing belt + tensioner

Idler pulleys

Waterpump + seal

Thermostat + gasket

coolant

I feel like that price is a little steep, or maybe I'm just cheap :lol:

We charge $735 for Timing Belt w/Full parts and labor including the Gates kit w/Waterpump, and the OEM Thermostat.

http://azpinstalls.com/web/index.php/services/maintenance/major-services/35-timing-belt

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

He said tuner.. that's like going to a neuro surgeon for a checkup. Of course it'll be $700.

Timing belt change and what you've specified is general maintenance.. you can DIY it with a bunch of buddies in an afternoon, or go to the stealership for a lot less.

He said tuner.. that's like going to a neuro surgeon for a checkup. Of course it'll be $700.

Timing belt change and what you've specified is general maintenance.. you can DIY it with a bunch of buddies in an afternoon, or go to the stealership for a lot less.

A dealer generally charges $600-700 to change the BELT ONLY, not including the pulleys, tensioner, water pump, t-stat etc...

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Just paid slightly more than $600 after I bought all the parts (Gate kit with water pump and OEM Thermostat+gasket) at the dealership. That was labor alone.

I was quoted $1771.50 total if I has the tensioners and idlers replaced. $1103.70 with just the Belt, Water pump, and thermostat replaced.

I ended up paying closer to $850 grand total after I got the parts myself online.

It is generally thought of as a five hour job, so expect to pay between $90-150 an hour for labor. Then add parts, which is where you can save tons by sourcing them yourself.

Just had my 2005 Legacy GT Wagon to the shop for timing belt, water pump, pullys / tensioner as well as new belts on the rest of the engine. Cost was about $1150. If you check the costs of just the parts, including water pump, you will find those to be about $400 alone. Well worth it to have the water pump replaced while doing the timing belt.

Archived