LegacyGT.com

Xterra and FJ Cruiser

Half considering going full utility on the next vehicle. In that vein, I like both of these vehicles. Any thoughts or experiences with them? Probably would see some light off road use. Really nothing a forester couldn't handle, but want a bit more room and towing capacity, jic.

Wrangler would be in the running too, but the word Jeep just makes me cringe. Too many memories of people having issues constantly. That was a while ago, so maybe different nowadays? Don't know...

Thoughts, experiences?

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Go with a pathfinder I got my wife a 2010 one about 1 1/2 ago I love that thing I call it the beast very comfortable ride handles well enough at 80mph on highway n great for off goading and with leather seats lol!

It also has 3rd row seats so when we pick up nieces n nephew they have space too!

• 4 months later...

Picked up a 2001 LR Disco2... As soon as I get the engine back together I'm hoping it will get done what I need. Just a second car to take the dog out for training and shooting some birds every now and then. It's really clean for an '01.

I like the old school tech. Nothing special performance wise, but it drove decent enough. Don't have a bunch of money tied in it,. If I can get through the head gasket job and some other stuff, will probably keep it a year or two. Luckily I have quite a bit of help on the engine work. Probably would not have tackled it on my own, but so far so good. Heads are off. Need to order parts in the morning and get the heads checked out. Was just a coolant leak failure, no overheating so I'm being hopefull.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Archived