LegacyGT.com

keyless entry

I didn't install it but I have the UNGO MS1001 keyless entry/alarm. It pops the trunk, locks & unlocks, and has an alarm that goes off, if say a door is opened after its locked&alarmed. It also is supposed to have a shock sensor, though I haven't tested that.

I'm happy with it and just picked up a complete spare system on ebay for under $15, though I really only bought it for the extra key fobs. (should note that last one I saw on eBay sold for maybe $50, I just got lucky with this one)

It wasn't factory per se. It was a dealer installed option. Up through '98 used "code alarm" keyless entry systems. I have the manuals and installation guide for it. I don't have a scanner, but if you need some info I can snap some pictures of it and upload it. FWIW, you can use keyfobs from a bunch of different makes since the code alarm system was a dealer option for a bunch of different cars.

in theory i only need to rig it to my drivers door. i dont know if it changed in later years but on my 96 my power lock switch is the lock itself if i lock my drivers door they all lock and vise versa. it also locks/unlocks the trunk (even tho it sticks back thier every now and then). so if i can get it so my drivers door it operated by a key fob it should lock/unlock all of the doors. so any ideas how to get started on this little project of nothing but convenience and laziness?

the 96 had no button for it (to my understanding) my power locks work in that when i manualy operate my drivers door lock, the others will lock or unlock acordingly. so in my mind if i can physicly move the drivers door lock with an actuator controled by a key fob, the other locks will (should) move acordingly just as if i was operating my drivers door lock by hand or key

it seems like it would be easy enough to get the actuator from a passenger side door, then fit it to your driver door and make it trigger the lock mechanism. im planning this same thing when i install my alarm in a few weeks, ill let you know if you havent already done it.

Archived