LegacyGT.com

CEL after new up-pipe and down-pipe

Hillridge

Background:

2006 OBXT, just put in a grimmspeed up-pipe and a catted invidia down-pipe. The only other mod is a Cobb SF intake. I flashed it with a V2 Accessport using the 91 Stage 2+SF map (was driving to an area where 93 may not be available)

First off, does the Cobb OTS map remove the CEL that should have been thrown for the missing EGT sensor? I never put a 2.2K resistor in to replace it, but I never got a code either.

When I originally got a code after ~15 mins of driving, I assumed it was for the EGT and ignored it until I stopped for gas a half hour later. When I checked the code, it was P1153 - O2 sensor reading high. Later a P0171 - fuel system lean bank 1 was added to it.

I found that the bolts holding my intercooler onto the turbo were loose, so I tightened them and reset the ECU, but the CEL came back.

Is it likely that the O2 sensor was fine, but the leak made it read high and the engine compensating by running rich killed it?

I'll be checking the exhaust for leaks tomorrow, as well as making sure the O2 sensor wiring didn't get damaged. I didn't remove the sensor during the install, but left it in the manifold when i took it off the up-pipe.

Is there a way to test the sensor using either FreeSSM, or Cobb's RaceTune? I'd like to figure out what's going on rather than throw a new sensor at it and hope it fixes the issue.

Archived