LegacyGT.com

Intake hose

blackdiamond18

So I just wanted to get your opinions on an incident/predicament I'm in. So recently, I took my car to an advised mechanic in my area and heard good things about him. He ended up fixing my control arm bushings, cv boot, and informing of my AC belt, which my brother and were able to fix ourselves, and pulled my turbo to get rebuilt. So, since he was doing those other repairs, after he finished with the turbo, he told me, "one thing I should've mentioned earlier, is that the intake hose is torn heavily. It will cause you to run lean, and I can fix just with your go ahead." Like the naive young adult I am, I said yes. Then he told me "well, I ordered the intake hose, but since it's an aftermarket intake the hose doesn't fit properly." So my question is, is do you think he's just trying to pull a fast one on me? The car didn't run any codes either. Sorry for the longwinded story

Which hose did he order? It's possible for it not to fit. I've been having a hard time finding one to fit mine. but since yours is an 05, it should still fit it okay. unless he bought the wrong hose. (turbo inlet pipe)

I believe he bought the maf hose. I'm going to visit him after I have fun shoveling this snow hahaha

Archived