LegacyGT.com

D-pillar tweeters in wagons

I know they are extremely rare, but does anyone know if all GT wagons (or at least 98's) were pre-wired for D-pillar tweeters? I'm looking at buying an amplifier for my mids and now would be the best time to decide whether I want to upgrade to component speakers since they would require about twice as much power. If it's pre-wired for tweeters in the back, I'll just do components all around.

id like to see a pic of D pillar tweets for our cars. as for your dilemma, buying a set of 100W coaxial speakers requires the same power as buying a set of 100W component speakers. its just separated into two pieces, is all.

but seriously... post a pic of the tweeters.

id like to see a pic of D pillar tweets for our cars. as for your dilemma, buying a set of 100W coaxial speakers requires the same power as buying a set of 100W component speakers. its just separated into two pieces, is all.

but seriously... post a pic of the tweeters.

I understand that 100w coax speakers take as much as 100w component speakers. My current polk 2-ways only handle 60w. Components have much better imaging and typically better power handling than coaxials so if I'm going to put money into my mid/high range I'm considering going for the best option for sound quality, which in my opinion would be components all around. I don't want to do components in the front and coaxials in the rear if the wiring for rear tweeters is already waiting for me ;)

edit: I'm an idiot. The thread where I got this picture clearly states that there isn't any wiring for them unless you have an ltd outback. :rolleyes:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/Red85Celica/Subie/CIMG6636.jpg

Archived