LegacyGT.com

6MT - Sticky Reverse Lockout

ERLoft

So, I've had this issue off and on for quite a while now. At times, after going into reverse, my lockout ring on my shifter doesn't want to drop back down. I end up having to jiggle the stick pretty hard to get it to drop. Anyone else had this issue or have a suggestion on a fix?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

do you have a STS? Have you tried pulling out your shifter and cleaning out the rod & area around the reverse lockout? It can get kind of grimey, does it feel gritty when you lift it up and down?

Another thing that happened to me when installing my sts, was when i twisted on the knob it twisted the rod, which in turn twisted the shifter cable inside. Twisting the cable made it tight inside the STS, and thus caused it to get stuck.

Archived