LegacyGT.com

Group buy - Bilstein, Eibach?

Did KYB indicate which shocks? Hopefully, they'd be AGX's...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Hello,

Where am I supposed to go to give a +1 to a new sub-forum? Cross link that here?

I'm loving the incredible power my OXT has (a few mods over Stage 2 from Cobb, though, of course, now that I'm used to it, I'm wanting more.. time for a bigger turbo!). The suspension, however, is really frustrating. There simply doesn't exist a good answer. I want stock ride height with about double the spring rate and appropriate damping. I want to maintain good droop travel, which prevents me from maxing out any existing LGT coilovers, like the GPMotos.

Although I don't relish the thought of cutting the stock shocks and inserting Koni inserts, that might be the only option. I'm ++1 if anyone finds a solution that meets my needs.

Actually, I'd drop everything in a heartbeat if KW decided to do a full height option for the OXT :D

As for swaybars, what's the problem with using LGT bars? (and why the heck did subaru make the rear one have that huge bend in it - first time I looked under the car, I thought something was seriously messed up!).

In the brakes department, I'm probably going to be dropping my car off at Stoptech in the next few weeks so they can put together an OXT kit. That should resolve that issue quite nicely :D I'm almost hoping (dunno, do y'all know?) their brakes won't fit under the stock wheels so I have an excuse to finally get wheels and tires. I love the P-Zero Nero's that I'm running on the STi - mmm... a 255/45R18 would be nice... unless a 275/40R18 would fit. Hahaha... Of course, decent tires must make the suspension all the more frustrating, eh?

Joel

I added the 20mm RSB, slapped on Yoko Advan ST's, and dialed in -.4 degrees of camber. Made a huge difference.

I was very happy with my Stoptech BBK on my WRX, but do hope it fits under the stock wheels-wish they made a 12.6" kit.

I'm still hoping for Bilstein HD's, but KYB AGX's would at least allow some tinkering.

You would think some damper/shock manufacturers would wake-up and smell the opportunity. I believe the whole Outback line uses the same shocks/struts, a large portion of OXT owners are previous WRX owners, and we are at about that point when folks will need to be replacing shocks/struts because of wear.

• 3 years later...

Archived