LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy fuel pump

Hey Guys,

So I am new to this Forum and would like to ask for some help regarding to my fuel pump. I recently bought a used fuel pump for my 2009 Subaru legacy 2.5 no turbo 5 speed. I was at work the other day I went out to start my car and it would just crank so long story short I went up the next day to do some diagnostics found it was my fuel pump after disconnecting my fuel lines. next step I pulled the seat and pump cover I disconnected the fuel pump wires and noticed one of the 6pins was burned. pulled the pump out and took it all apart bench tested it and sure enough didnt work. I ordered one online from a wrecking yard and the part just arrived. I was wondering how I can repair the connection that plugs into the top of the fuel pump from the harness with out replacing the whole harness. I cant seem to find just the plug. everywhere says i need to do the rear harness.. is this hard? would it require tank drop?.. or is it a couple plugs..do I have to solder and heat-shrink it in..? ne diagrams would be helpful advice on how and where to find a plug if it exists. thanks for the help everybody I also have pics if you need to see them.:spin::eek:

What do you mean about the rear harness? The only harness you should have to worry about is the harness that plugs into the top of the fuel pump basket. Can you post some pics, the description isn't making much sense to me. I assume you can buy the same harness from a wrecking yard and just splice it all in. If you seach around for some "vacation pics" (hint hint) i'm sure there will be a "picture" of the wire locations of the fule pump.

I'm not sure which part you're referring to either. Are you able to locate it in either of the attached images?

*After doing more searching, I think it probably is part of the rear wiring harness. Looks like that's roughly $400, +/- depending on where you buy from.

**You could do what the guy in the link below did. Find a salvage yard or someone parting out that will cut off that harness for you and you can splice it into yours?

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22849

fuelparts.jpg.b17b1af5bf68f3222ac197d87c04a0cb.jpg

rearharness.jpg.e163e2111084a9acd8c3e1df39d750b0.jpg

Archived