LegacyGT.com

97 legacy rear speakers

have a subaru legacy and it only has front speakers. I wanted to know are they prewired for rear speakers and where do you'll put them at?

do you'll cut out the rear door panel and put them in or do you'll just mount two speaker boxes in the rear wagon?

also do the DIN stereo fit perfect in the car because i can't find a kit anywhere?

The wagon had the rear speakers in the rear doors and the sedan had then in the rear package tray shelf. I would have thought all Legacy's had 4 speakers from the factory, but maybe not.

A standard single DIN stereo should fit right in place of the original stereo and a Double DIN should fit as well (but I've never tried it). I had to trim the outer trim piece with my Dremel tool was all of the mods I did. Also get a an plug that plugs into the original Subaru wiring plug- very simple wiring and install.

go to the junkyard and take the rear speaker trim. then take your trim off where to cut is marked on the panel so it's not that hard to put rear door speakers and make them look stock into any 2nd gen

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

go to the junkyard and take the rear speaker trim. then take your trim off where to cut is marked on the panel so it's not that hard to put rear door speakers and make them look stock into any 2nd gen.

check your stereo harness it's possible they are pre wired that's the easiest place to find out. compare your harness to a labelled color schematic to verify of rear speaker wires exist on yours if so hopefully they can be found at the door

My wagon has only two front door speakers. Did any 2nd gens have the rear strut speakers like the first gens?

The only speaker configurations at the rear were one in each rear door in the wagons, or two on the rear shelf in the sedans.

Also, if your wagon was awesome, like mine, you got two tweeters on the D pillars. I'm assuming the sedans would get a coaxial setup, or tweeters on the C pillars or something.

The only speaker configurations at the rear were one in each rear door in the wagons, or two on the rear shelf in the sedans.

Also, if your wagon was awesome, like mine, you got two tweeters on the D pillars. I'm assuming the sedans would get a coaxial setup, or tweeters on the C pillars or something.

The sedans did not come with rear tweeters in the C pillar. :( You totally have to add them in if you are thinking about upgrading sound.

Archived