LegacyGT.com

Chrome Door Trim? (Exterior)

I'm considering adding a bit more chrome to my legacy but not sure how it might look. The initial plan is to is to pop off the door trim pieces and apply most likely chrome vinyl wrap and maybe do the mirrors. This may only be me trying to compensate for removing the pinstripes... it looks kind of bare now. Has anyone ever done or seen this done and/or how do you think it would look?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Most try and get rid of the chrome. I personally think it would look terrible but I also hate chrome look in general.

All that matters is if you like it though.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I suppose, I just feel like it's too much solid blue to look at. I've also considered going a bit less stand-out-ish and looking at replacing the current chrome and door trim with maybe a "brushed metal" vinyl a little on the darker side to match that of the interior (custom vinyl wrapped interior trim). Then again, maybe not. I guess I'm looking for something to make it a little less plain (for a wagon).

Wanna look less like a plain ol' wagon? Start by driving something else!

I kid, I kid. But seriously.

In all honesty, the best thing you can do for a wagon to make it look more aggressive and stand out (in a good way) way is to lower it. Drop that sucker on its nuts, put a good set of wheels and tires underneath it and call it a day. Heck, I actually like the stock wheels -- I think they look great on these cars, but then again, I'm a huge fan of five-spokes, generally speaking. Make sure you got some good low-profile tires on there and keep 'em shined up, eliminate your wheel gap (Y'know, not just flush, but hellaflush.) and you're on your way to being a sticker-rockin' Wagon Mafia member.

Living in PA, it's nice to have a car with both AWD and at decent ground clearance in the winter... that's why I bought it (functionality). Maybe I'll skip the chrome and jump to a headlight mod (cleaning, clearing, halos?, etc.). I always thought the look of high quality headlights can do a lot for a car (or wagon!).

Archived