LegacyGT.com

strange pop noise on turn in, please help

hey guys any help is much appreciated, on any turn above 15 mph i get a pop from the front, it sounds like dead center, maybe a bit right. Anyways i've peeked around in the driveway nothing looks terribly out of place, recently swapped front struts so that has been apart recently. Any ideas/similar problems? 1996 OBK 2.2 5mt thanks guys

I'm having a similar issue, it's a pop, or clunk, sounds like it's coming from the right side. It happens randomly, when turning left.

If it was a cv, I think it would be more of a click sound, and it would be more consistent while turning.

This sounds more like something is binding a little in the suspension or steering. I got under mine also, pushed and pulled on everything and can't really replicate it in the driveway. The only thing I could get to make a similar but not as loud sound was if I had my daughter yard the steering wheel back and forth, the rack would make a small clunking sound going both directions. If you get it solved, let me know, I'll do the same.

I have a similar issue. Low speeds turning left but can feel in steering wheel and I'm leaning towards inner tie rod. Jack side up by control arm and wiggle everything to replicate the noise.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Archived