LegacyGT.com

Hondas with Tow Hook Mod... BEWARE of the POWER

Went to my local Pep Boys in the Bronx, NY Sunday to take advantage of founders day sale, 5 qts Pennzoil Platinum and Filter for $19.21... Stocked up!!

Anyway I guess the parking lot was a Honda Rice Meet because it was grapefruit cannon fart cans and huge downforce wings everywhere. I swear some of these cars could drive on the ceiling of the mid town tunnel with those spoilers. Well I got my first upclose look at the tow hook mod I been seeing everywhere out there on the Rice scene. Its an anodized CNC piece bolted to the tow point. If you come across a car with these BEWARE.. the power they put out is enough to make any car look bad. Don't want your Stage 2 or 3 turbo setups getting blow'n away by Civic w Tow hook mod. They usually look like all stock sleepers except for the visible end loop of the tow hook mod sticking out from rear bumper.. and sometimes front too!! thats even more serious!! They might also have stick on vents on fenders and hood and light up windshield washer fluid nozzles. ALL SERIOUS BUSINESS SO BACK DOWN AND PAY RESPECT IMMEDIATELY!! You've been warned.

I think I've met a grand total of two people who had Civics with tow hooks who actually tracked them over the 20+ I've come across

Heh, funny thing was that earlier yesterday I was just thinking that I haven't seen any really bad, underpowered riced up cars recently. Sadly, I live in a fairly high income area so it's not uncommon to see lots of riced up M3's, but that's a different story. I figured, I guess that fad died out 5-10 years ago.

Later that day, on my way to an evening class I was taking at the local community college and I saw a lowered stock 2005 Civic with grapefruit exhaust, shocker & JDM stickers, and a tow hook. I have no idea why, but I was happy.

I was kinda happy to know that there were still ricers in my area that do dumb things to their car.

I'm not sure why though.

If the car is spending time on track or doing bugged out slides in snow storms and getting stuck then hell its a worthy add on BUT if tow hook and stick on vents are ONLY things on the car and it only drives around neighborhood like they got a race car on the street then they got issues. They use it as a "I'll race u sign" so u know its not just another civic BUT a civic with a driver willing to drive like a asshole to win a race in traffic. So in actuality u do want to back down because its not about the cars power it's about which drive has more disregard for their and everyone around them cars and stupidity to race on a traffic filled road ... I'll see u at 3am when the road is open homie and we racing for ur tow hook haha

What about a BRZ with the tow hook mod?

http://www.stancenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/IMG_1202.jpg

Yo is that ur car?? I seen one just like it in my neighborhood in the Bronx... Blue with wide ass white rims cambered almost sideways ...

Archived