LegacyGT.com

Whiteline Sway Bars?

MalcolmMakaveli

cause everything about them is easy and they are built like a tank. I've done two 100mph offs getting airborne both times, first time I shut off to abandon ship then realized everything was ok. The second time, I never lifted and kept going from the dirt back onto the track. Anyone can work on them with a metric set of tools. And they are very cheap to buy, on top of which ppl have been racing them for more than 2 decades.

Parts are also plentiful and cheap. Also you can register with Mazda and get the parts even cheaper if you race/track your miata!

-mike

So should I be looking at another resourse besides my local Little Rock/Arkansas Craigslist? So far my plan is to hope and find a good deal on some old car that's been sitting under a carport.

Thomas

So should I be looking at another resourse besides my local Little Rock/Arkansas Craigslist? So far my plan is to hope and find a good deal on some old car that's been sitting under a carport.

Thomas

getting the word will help your cause alot. racingjunk.com has them for sale all the time. look for a local miata club. google/bing for miata for sale.

I bought out a racing operation, so got a screaming deal. That it was the shop that tuned my wagon's suspension for the track, reassured me the car had been well-maintained.

I would also look into old BMW 3 series.....e30 and e36 chassis. These cars are very well suited for auto x and can be found fairly cheap.....under $2k. Don't get scared with the "bmw" name. These cars don't have the complicated systems the newer cars have.

I race a 91 318is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Back on topic, with my car approaching 10 years of age, am looking into replacing whatever suspension pieces need to be replaced. Had the front LCA bushings done around 68K miles, ~4 years ago. Replaced the worn out shocks with new KTB GR-2 around 3 years ago.

Now I'm looking into upgrading the sway bars & end links. A quick look on Fred Beans' site and I see Whiteline's front & rear sway bars are still available.

Is there any noticeable difference between the rear adjustable and non-adjustable 20mm bars (besides the obvious)? Can I just upgrade the rear bar, or will that cause oversteer?

There's a few different brands of end links still available. Since I don't track my car, just looking for ones that won't rust or break. Which brand is the best bang for the buck?

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Whiteline bars are good the adjustable will make it slightly stiffer than the 20mm. Effectively a 3 way adjustable 20mm is roughly 19mm to 21mm.

As for end links, on the LGT we like the Whiteline end links or Kartboys.

We also sell them so feel free to ask.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Back on topic, with my car approaching 10 years of age, am looking into replacing whatever suspension pieces need to be replaced. Had the front LCA bushings done around 68K miles, ~4 years ago. Replaced the worn out shocks with new KTB GR-2 around 3 years ago.

Now I'm looking into upgrading the sway bars & end links. A quick look on Fred Beans' site and I see Whiteline's front & rear sway bars are still available.

Is there any noticeable difference between the rear adjustable and non-adjustable 20mm bars (besides the obvious)? Can I just upgrade the rear bar, or will that cause oversteer?

There's a few different brands of end links still available. Since I don't track my car, just looking for ones that won't rust or break. Which brand is the best bang for the buck?

As for end links, on the LGT we like the Whiteline end links or Kartboys.

-Mike Paisan

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

Thanks for the info. Think I'll get the Whiteline 20mm adjustable rear sway bar, and keep the stock front sway bar for now.

Is there any difference between the Kartboy and Whiteline endlinks in terms of durability? I'm more concerned with the part not breaking or rusting.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll get the Whiteline 20mm adjustable rear sway bar, and keep the stock front sway bar for now.

Is there any difference between the Kartboy and Whiteline endlinks in terms of durability? I'm more concerned with the part not breaking or rusting.

We've had the KB ones combined with the WL rear bars on lowered LGTs have rubbing issues. I would get the WL/WL setup. Side note we sell these products, so don't hesitate to E-mail us for pricing.

-Mike Paisan

• 5 months later...
i am on a static suspension(coilovers) lowered heavily looking for some direction regarding sway bars..

what size is best to fit my 2011 legacy? best place for price? appreciate any help..!

What are your goals?

Street? DD? Stance? Track? Race? Auto-x? Drag? Backroads?

Hate to answer a question with a question but it's the best way we can help you.

-Mike Paisan

What are your goals?

Street? DD? Stance? Track? Race? Auto-x? Drag? Backroads?

Hate to answer a question with a question but it's the best way we can help you.

-Mike Paisan

i suppose i was referring for street use. if it is even worth it to improve the front or rear. as far as ive read doing the adjustable back is all i would need if anything?

i suppose i was referring for street use. if it is even worth it to improve the front or rear. as far as ive read doing the adjustable back is all i would need if anything?

Anything that fits the 08-14 STi will go on your car in the rear. I would suggest a 22mm Adjustable or 24mm at most, but the 24 will likely be too much for a street driven car.

Let us know if we can help as we stock these parts and can drop ship them directly to you.

-Mike Paisan

• 4 months later...
Whiteline front and rear bars, Avo rear bar support brackets, and Moog end links for the win!

I am going to change my recommendation a bit for the Moog end links. IF you are broke, have stock bars, and need end links, Moogs will do okay.

But, to really take advantage of aftermarket sways, I'd recommend something better like Kartboy end links.

Archived