LegacyGT.com

Major braking issues with 1995 Legacy L

EasyEight

Well, lets start this off. I've had this car for about 2 years, it has around 221,000 miles on it (yes, I realize thats a lot).

The brakes worked well for the first year, all through the winter etc... I let it sit over the summer because I drive my WRX during the summer, but driving the Legacy off and on every few weeks. Towards the end of the summer the braking power started deteriorating, so I brought it to a shop. They replaced a caliper saying the old one was seized up, and all the pads for 70 bucks. The brakes felt good for a while, then about a month and a half later when it was full blow winter the brakes went completely down the drain and the pedal goes all the way to the floor.

You can pump the pedal once and then the brakes work well, but I'd like them to work without having to do that. There is also a grinding/scraping noise that comes from the front right when I apply the brakes that sounds like I have a rock stuck in the pad.

The fluid reservoir is full and none of the lines are leaking. The pads look pretty much brand new as well. Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Well, lets start this off. I've had this car for about 2 years, it has around 221,000 miles on it (yes, I realize thats a lot).

The brakes worked well for the first year, all through the winter etc... I let it sit over the summer because I drive my WRX during the summer, but driving the Legacy off and on every few weeks. Towards the end of the summer the braking power started deteriorating, so I brought it to a shop. They replaced a caliper saying the old one was seized up, and all the pads for 70 bucks. The brakes felt good for a while, then about a month and a half later when it was full blow winter the brakes went completely down the drain and the pedal goes all the way to the floor.

You can pump the pedal once and then the brakes work well, but I'd like them to work without having to do that. There is also a grinding/scraping noise that comes from the front right when I apply the brakes that sounds like I have a rock stuck in the pad.

The fluid reservoir is full and none of the lines are leaking. The pads look pretty much brand new as well. Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Could be the master cylinder or slave cylinder is leaking internally.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived