LegacyGT.com

Opinions on Recaro Speed seats?

TheBlubaru

I've been looking to upgrade my drivers side seat and found a pretty good deal on a Recaro Speed seat locally. I want a seat that's comfortable for a daily but good for the occasional AutoX etc. I was just curious if anyone had run it and what their opinions were?
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

Thanks robinlsb but that's on the older body. The legacy is comparable to the GR 08 and up STI's not the 02-07.

It's the same seat, with the same issues in terms of installation and comfort and air bags.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I've been looking to upgrade my drivers side seat and found a pretty good deal on a Recaro Speed seat locally. I want a seat that's comfortable for a daily but good for the occasional AutoX etc. I was just curious if anyone had run it and what their opinions were?

with the issues around airbags, seat heaters, sensors, etc, your best bet may be to have the current seat redone to suit your requirements. Swapping the leather to grippy cloth and redoing the bolsters will help alot. If you can increase the hip & side bolsters, you'll stay planted much better on the autox course.

you might also find using a schroth 4 point harness a workable solution without redoing the seat.

For street driving, I've found the seats really comfortable. For track use, they are lacking. I used a micro-fiber towel on the backrest to provide friction. As long as it stayed in place, I did pretty good.

Archived