LegacyGT.com

Turbo Build Help

Your easiest option is to buy a TD04 and a Forester XT 2004-2008 or WRX 2006-2007 tmic. You will have to move the coolant expansion tank as well as rerouting some PCV lines. You will also need to modify the stock y pipe or make your own.

This is the most comprehensive build thread regarding the swap I mentioned: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38598

bbslegacycentral is the best source of information for our first gen tlegs.

If you want to go with a larger turbo safely you will need work with your engine management. A standalone will work but can be complicated. A popular option is to buy a 20G ecu and have Rob from bbs to chip it. You will have to know what your exhaust setup is, boost you will be running, larger injectors, etc. so he can tune the ecu to fit your setup. You will also need to change your coilpack and get a JECS MAF. There are more details to this and you can search bbs for that.

If you want to run more than 12 psi you will have to make a fuel cut defender.

I am going the TD04 and XT tmic route for simplicity and longevity. I have all the parts, just waiting for good weather and time. For my 22T hybrid swap I will have a much more powerful setup (forged internals, etc.) and that is going to go in the wagon.

Archived