LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy, New Owner

So far this car has been a money pit, I have only had it a month and already gotten the Clutch replaced and a CV boot thingy.

After getting the clutch done I feel like the constant whining in 3rd gear has gotten louder as well as an odd grind noise accelerating in 1st and 2nd gear. When approaching a corner letting the car slow down in 2nd I hear an odd metal spooling or grinding noise the most. Could all these noises be the new clutch or the transmission?

(I'm hoping that something on the inside of the transmission is the problem, warranty)

I knew a wheel bearing was going out and I hit a pot hole the size of a curb last night, instantly making the bearing start to make the dreaded wobbling (wub wub wub) sound. Replacing it at my pap's garage today, if we can figure it out.

Reset the ECU twice now and I still keep getting the misfire in cylinder 4 and a rough Idle, I also have a lot of trouble getting the car to move without going above 2,000 RPM in first... (maybe the idle?)

I'm hoping that it's just spark plugs but once I buy new ones I'm having them do a compression test at the same time. I was thinking about getting a timing belt and water pump too... (only a little more for the water pump with it)

Sounds like you bought a car with a lot of problem. Stop resetting the ECU and get the misfire resolved. You keep pulling that stunt and you're going to be replacing the entire motor if you haven't ruined it already.

Bad injector/plug/coil turns into blown piston if you run lean enough long enough.

I'm gathering this car has a fair number of miles, but it appears that info is missing.

Also, if you bought the car with a warranty bring it back. Actually just return the car it sounds horrible. I guess it never passed an inspection.

If you're going to keep it:

tranny/diff fluid change and inspection

compression check

swap coils/plugs/injector from 4 to 3 and see if misfire follows

Bad idle and 2k start suggests you're down on power - major problem. Drop DP and inspect turbo.

Frankly, from what you're telling me this car is a money pit and you should run, not walk away.

Archived