LegacyGT.com

Beater or daily driver etc

So what do you all have as a daily driver or beater to limit the mileage your LGT/ob sees? I ask bc all this talk of turbos and engines and head gaskets has me worried bc I'm nearing the probably need to so such sooner than planned or expected when I bought the car, and a 2nd vehicle would be nice to have in case something happens or to limit te mileage my LGT sees. I bought the car when I worked 5 miles from home. But now I'm 48-52 miles from work and commute in and basically put 600miles on her in a week and around town we just use the girlfriends truck. But thinking about finding a beater or second car to hopefully put off such repairs or failure on the LGT. Car will be paid off in 2 yrs. no real stash of money. But if shot hit the fan I have my cc to cover the expenses. Was thinking about a ranger or old k5blazer for utility and k5 bc no emissions or inspection. Even thought about older wagon or forester in h6 or h4, want a diesel crew can with utility body but not feasible ATM, and really need 4doors bc of 2 kids (4yo and 6mo).....so what y'all running around in or suggest?

But in all reality I should just keep with it being my only car and wait two years til it's paid off and then look at a 2nd vehicle. Worry wort. Fearing turbo and engine and head gasket shit and it's my daily driver and I put more on her than ever initally planned on. (Changed jobs which increased commute )

Archived