LegacyGT.com

17X8 ET 48 W/245/50/17's?

Hello All,

I did search but nothing definitive. After dealing with terrible snow performance this winter with brand new set of 235/50/17 RE970's we have just shod the stock wheels with 225/60/17 Blizzack WS70's. Now I am on a hunt for new wheels for the RE970's for 3 season use but I want to look forward to the future and be able to run 245/50/17's (closer to the stock rolling diameter). So, I am looking at 17X8's and it seems that most come in a ET48 so my question is would this set up pose a rubbing issues? How about going to a ET35? In the Audi world the stock set up is usually ET45 but ET35 is not issue at all. The car will be remaining at stock height.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Jim

At stock ride height, you should have no problem with the 245/50/17 You can also go "up" to a 45 offset, but any more than that and you run the risk of sitting outside the fender flares.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guidance all. I just received my set of MB Motorsports Weapon wheels, went with 17X8 ET46 and the 235/50/17 RE970's will be going on these.

I have bought a number of set of wheels over the years but never something this cheap and I was a bit nervous. I did read a bunch of reviews and they were mostly positive but still...how good could a wheel be that cost $125 delivered? After looking at them last night they look totally decent, the casting is nicer than my TDR Race 1.2's and the finish looks to be well done. Time will tell if the finish lasts but I am pretty anal about keeping my wheels clean. So far I am pretty impressed considering the cost.....and I dig the way they look.

Cheers,

Jim

Archived