LegacyGT.com

Subaru Reliability!!!

I've owned 3 Outbacks (a '98, an '01, and an '05) and I wouldn't exactly say that they're bulletproof. My 2001 has been especially bad, first with a head gasket replacement, then a new shortblock, now the front differential is whining.

sounds like a monday car

I was talking to a particular owner that had 240,000 miles on his ORIGINAL NA boxer motor.. amazing. It keeps on ticking.

Let's look at it this way, any car that can take a beating through a year's worth of WRC racing is good in my book.

Keefe

Keefe

I'm the third owner (all within the family) of a '98 Legacy Outback Limited that's just about to roll past 196,500. Outside of normal wear and tear/scheduled maintenance items, it really hasn't required any major work. It just won't quit!

I have a MY03 Legacy Wagon, and do lots of highway driving on Michigans pot-hole-riffic obstical coruses and back roads. I've owned several cars, and put them all through similar paces, and the Suby by far has retained it's quality longer than any others. I have no rattles, shimmys, no major repairs or issues. I have put 56,000+ miles on it in approx 2 years (took delivery in Aug of 03) Keep my Mobil one oil changed every 5-6k and again, by far, it's held up better than any other vehicle I myself, my parents, or friends have ever owned. I'll never buy another make of car ever. EVER...

You think 14,500 miles a year is a lot?? WOW I do sales in NH, VT, and Maine I can put 100k on a car in six years!:lol:

That's still only 17K/year.

I commuted 120 miles roundtrip PER DAY for 10 months (4-5 days per week) and put 30K miles on my Corrado that year (2001).

In 2003, I took it from Ontario -> California and back (10K miles) in 2.5 months.

Easily 60K miles in that 2.5 year stretch. And it was horrible for reliability. But fun as anything with the VR6 + supercharger!

Now if only the Legacy had the Recaro seats of my '90 GTi 16v.. It would have more than the 10K+ miles in 8 months it has now.

HV

Archived