LegacyGT.com

Detailing is bitter sweet....

Last weekend in NY was perfect for detaling, cloudy and warm but no rain. And there is no rain all week!! My girl went away so i had some alone time with my mistress (LGT). I went out and bought $75 worth of detailing products after reading OCDetails write up. I decided i needed products now and couldn't wait for an online order so i went with the Mother 3 step system - pre-wax cleaner, sealer and glaze, and syntheytec wax.

I spend 2 days hitting every inch of the car and the results were sweet - now i know y they call it obsedian black - there are flakes in the paint!!!:rolleyes: Now i can feel better about leaving it in the sun all day.

NEway the reason i say bitter sweet is because as you clean and shine that beautiful pain you get to see all the little scuffs and nicks in the paint - nice rock in the front, little door ding in the pass side etc. OH well thats life i guess

Also debaged to back no need for the life story they put back there LOL

~DOB

Black is the worst too because when it gets all shined up it really brings out the imperfections. Black is a pretty unforgiving color and every dent and ding in the paint will show up when the paint is polished up nicely.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

^^ +1.

I think that Scooby has a particularly attractive black on the WRX and Leggy recently - and the wife and I both wanted that color for our rides. But alas, we both realized that it would just be too hard to take care of, especially here in NE-Ohio.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*

I still have a bottle of touchup from my 02 black WRX if anyone wants it for free. :dunno:

I really liked both the light and dark blues for 05- almost got those in lieu of black but changed to silver at the last minute-noticed my Dad's silver car never really looks that dirty.

Guest *Jedimaster*
off topic, but jedimaster.. where do you find all these icons? haha.. they crack me up ..

You mean my avatars? I just finds them on the web and throw 'em in a folder for later use.

I still have a bottle of touchup from my 02 black WRX if anyone wants it for free. :dunno:

I really liked both the light and dark blues for 05- almost got those in lieu of black but changed to silver at the last minute-noticed my Dad's silver car never really looks that dirty.

Jedi is it obsidian black? If so i would love to have my man.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think it's a different black- but I'm not sure- whatever they were using for black in 02- the black with blue sparkles in it.

Archived