LegacyGT.com

The straight skinny on Navy Submarines - real and funny

SBT

If you haven't been there, done that (and I have, several times), here's a well-written, factual description of life on a Submarine, written by a Navy nuke submariner. If you're offended by real Sailor-speak, move on. This isn't for you. Without further ado, the Six Things Movies Don't Show You About Life on a Submarine
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

There's something to be said about redundancy.... Human redundancy, especially when you're talking several $B USD in equipment and armament and a nuclear propulsion plant that could do a lot of damage if not properly managed and controlled. Beyond that, there's the issue of command and control at depth and speed. They're not drones that you can pilot from an easy chair half-way around the world.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Yea, but humans were never designed to be confined like that. Does weird things to mind and body. I knew one submariner that had recurring nightmare (underway) that they had flooding from a torpedo tube and he was in the room while it flooded. Alone. Ill pass on shit like that!

If you haven't been there, done that (and I have, several times), here's a well-written, factual description of life on a Submarine, written by a Navy nuke submariner. If you're offended by real Sailor-speak, move on. This isn't for you. Without further ado, the Six Things Movies Don't Show You About Life on a Submarine

"showering means something terrible. Something unspeakable. It means constantly getting slammed face-first into a wall covered in the crusted semen of crusty seamen."

BWUAHAHA! couldnt stop laughing when i got to that part

Archived