LegacyGT.com

Tien H-Techs, good idea?

Eliott

I live in horrible road ridden Pittsburgh, PA. I was able to get some brand new Tien H-Techs off of craigslist for a decent price. I have 113000 something miles on my 06 2.5i. I bought it with 110000 something miles and I assumed I'm not on stock struts still but haven't checked for sure. Reading around the forums I think I should get some struts as well, what struts would be recommended? Looking for some comfort but I don't need to drive a cloud, I just need to be able to handle some terrible roads without horrible knocking or anything. Thanks.

I've been on H-Techs for the past 6 years and love them. The comfort level is great for a daily driver. Just replaced my shocks last year (115k miles) with KYB and the ride is smoother and handles 100% better than my worn out stock shocks.

I would recommend replacing those shocks, if they haven't been replaced yet. KYB is a good choice if you want to maintain a smooth OEM ride, the other option would be Koni's. Koni's are a great upgrade if you want to play with the suspenion and/or to dial in your comfort level or driving style.

My wife's balls are delicious.

I would be interested in seeing pictures of them installed. I have a wagon, but I am also looking for a very small drop. It sounds like the Rallitek springs would have been good too, but they don't make them any more.

I ran H-Techs for a little less than a year before I started autocrossing and went to coilovers. H-Techs are a nice compromise between ride height, performance, and comfort.

This is what my car looked like with them. The wheels are 18s and I never needed to run any spring spacers to balance it out.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/jjbhoops30/Legacy/top_of_the_trop64.jpg?t=1263653591

Archived