LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy 2.5i Limited Wagon vibration at stop light

Rross0311

Hello... well we finally got our new car- our beloved 2000 LGT Wagon didn't survive meeting a Deer on the Hwy at 70MPH.

Just picked up this nice 06 Legacy wagon and during the test drive i noticed a vibration.. when we move the selector into N, R the vibrations go away, the shifting is very smooth, then sometimes after putting back into drive it will start to vibrate again.. not always. this does not happen at normal driving speeds, only at stops.

I'm thinking some sort of dogbone type tranny/ motor mount may have gone bad??? Thank you very much for your input!

• 1 year later...

My 08 Legacy does this at times too. Seems that at low idle it does it more but then goes away. I think it has to do with the boxer engine, I know my cousin has the same thing in his '00 2.5RS.

As for reverse mine makes a high pitch noise almost like a electric motorish sound rather than full shakes, but it does shake when cold.

Not sure the issue, just wanted to let you know your not 100% alone

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Hello... well we finally got our new car- our beloved 2000 LGT Wagon didn't survive meeting a Deer on the Hwy at 70MPH.

Just picked up this nice 06 Legacy wagon and during the test drive i noticed a vibration.. when we move the selector into N, R the vibrations go away, the shifting is very smooth, then sometimes after putting back into drive it will start to vibrate again.. not always. this does not happen at normal driving speeds, only at stops.

I'm thinking some sort of dogbone type tranny/ motor mount may have gone bad??? Thank you very much for your input!

Im guessing its a auto. The autos are known to make all kinds of vibrations shakes on idle and stuff.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Archived