LegacyGT.com

Subie-Land

For a Subaru enthusiast, New England is the place - especially Maine. I just got back from a camping family re-union in Maine. On the drive up from the Boston-Logan airport my head was on a swivel. I saw one Outback after another, but also just about any other Sube ever sold from like 90' on.

I rode up with my Stepmom in her 2004 Expedition 4x4 - she is ultra "gotta buy American", so she scoffed at my Subie observations. "Every granola eating hippie has one of those things up here," she proclaimed. She became even more furious when I put on my LL Bean Subaru jacket...Made in MAINE! :dm:

Point here really is that on the last day of the re-union it rained like crazy, so the hilly rocky trail back up to the main road from the campsite we stayed at was a mud puddle. It took her 6 tries to get out of the muck, and even slid into a tree on the 3rd attempt. Her cousin has an 05' Outback XT, ONE TRY, no problem. Her only response to that "feat", was, "that jap-scrap is still one fugly POS and it's still not a truck."

I flew home that day, took a hot shower, and went for a nice cruise in the Leggy; knowing that when winter strikes here in Indy, I'll keep on cruisin' in the snow, while those American SUV's will be slippin' and slidin' down the interstate. AWD!!!!

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

Well, sometimes I look at MY gas bill and say to myself "THIS gas guzzler." That's my only beef with the GT - but man do I still love it. :)

bcbaohio - I am from Indy originally, living in Los Angeles...wish I could get back there and tear up some snow in my Suby!

Back when me and "the crew" (aka my friends) formed we were all over at my house chillin on the driveway. At 1am ish, my dad comes out (totally drunk at this point) and starts yelling "it's a subaru nation!!" because my friends sti, two other friends wrx's, and my LGT were on the driveway and street along with a few other cars.

To this day we still recite the words of my drunken father.

Archived