LegacyGT.com

Help, I feel stupid passenger seat bolts??

SORRY it's actually the drivers seat! Frustrated.

Just installed a p-204uh and a unseat sub, I removed the seat without issue,

when I went to reinstall the front seat bolts, both are being a bitch, super tight like they're cross threading, they line up fine, came out easy, rears went in easy, WTF please help :eek:

The inner rear bolt can be a bitch to line up. I usually start with the rear bolts first, just threading them. Then push the seat all the way to the back, this will give you some play with the rails if you need to flex them to line up the bolt holes.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Everything lines up great rear bolts will tighten up fine, front bolts go about half way than I would really need to torque on them to get them to go, I pulled them out, look a bit stripped, at the bottom part not real bad, I wonder if you can re-tap the female end?

F**k

Everything lines up great rear bolts will tighten up fine, front bolts go about half way than I would really need to torque on them to get them to go, I pulled them out, look a bit stripped, at the bottom part not real bad, I wonder if you can re-tap the female end?

F**k

Yes, I would re-tap and die the hole and bolt, to make sure neither are crossed threaded.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Ditto for me. The one near the trans hump wouldn't go in when I pulled my seat to clean under it when I bought it. Hoped it would have been better a few years later when I installed the sub, but nope. Glad I'm not the only one.

Craziest thing, I'm not a idiot, I know how to install a bolt, baffled me, glad to hear I'm not the only one, I think I'm going to add a spacer or more washers ,I don't want to have to use a air gun to torque these bolts on, they may never come off and they will surely strip there way in. I was so pissed why can't anything go smooth. System sounds great by the way!

• 8 months later...

Just happened to me as well. Rear bolts easy as butter. Didn't tighten them all the way. Front bolt by tranny easy too. Front bolt by door feels cross threaded. Everything is lined up nice and smooth. I put a drop of oil on the bolt still no luck. The other 3 are fine. But I have a 1/2" drive 14mm with a breaker bar still can't tighten it. I'd say the bolt is about 80% in. Goes to 50% like normal then feels crossthreaded or something.

Ugh.

Based off the parts diagram, it looks like 3 of the bolts are the same, and one of the bolts is different from the others. The different bolt is pictured in the link below, and should be installed in the rear towards the center console.

bolt picture

http://cdn.mkimg.carview.co.jp/minkara/parts/000/003/064/724/3064724/p1.jpg?ct=dad5241acd8a

parts diagram

http://parts.subaru.com/showAssembly.aspx?makeName=subaru&modelYear=2009&modelName=legacy&ukey_assembly=6025097&ukey_category=54103&assembly=b13-640-01

Does that look like the bolt you're trying to install in the front by the door? I ran into a similar issue messing with my rear pillars. All the bolts I removed look practically identical, but 2 ended up being very slightly different. Didn't realize this until I had broken the bolt off in a bracket.

Archived