LegacyGT.com

Annoying P2138 Plz help

Hello all, I've been having a really annoying problem with a P2138 that comes and goes randomly. Code is for TPS/Sensor Switch D/E Voltage... Anyway the gas pedal just stops working alltogether, and the only way I've found to fix it is to unplug the maf. Then i plug it back up the next day or so and everything works fine for a few days but it's gotten worse recently to the point im driving around with the maf unplugged all the time..

I read on here where people were cleaning the gas pedal sensor and the tps and fixing it. I tried cleaning the gas pedal sensor and considered replacing it but have yet to take off the fmic to check the throttle body.

Could the maf be bad since it runs better without it? Also where exactly is the tps? Apparently I have to buy a whole new throttle body to get the sensor and same with the gas pedal assembly. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

It's not the part under the FMIC, it's the gas pedal electronics that's faulty.

P2138 Accelerator Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

You probably need to replace the whole accelerator pedal assembly, which means that you need to put your head down at the pedals.

453747.png

Thanx for the help but the code I have says "tps d/e voltage" I understand that in most cases it is the pedal sensor and not the tps, but there is a thread explaining how to clean or replace throttle body as a fix.

I wouldn't mind to replace the pedal but don't want to fix it if it isn't broke. I found a pedal at the junkyard for 45$ not sure if it's for a gt or nonturbo. Are they interchangeable?

I've cleaned the pedal connection And tb connection but did them at the same time and was only a temporary fix so stil not sure which is the cause. Based on what others have said I should probly replace the pedal first and go from there. Should I go ahead with this used one at the junkyard?

Archived