LegacyGT.com

My $480 96 Legacy GT

I bought this today for $480. I got it home for $10. It runs and drives great. The body is nearly perfect except the hole in the QP in the picture. The interior is dirty but nothing a little elbow grease and chemicals can't take care of. No rips. The only problems with the car are 1: It leaks oil like crazy (suspect rear main seal) and 2: I believe the egr solenoid is causing the check engine light to come on. I just got it home so I haven't had a chance to give it a thorough going through. This is my first Subaru and I have to say from the little I have driven it I couldn't be happier.

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=5925&d=1390001082

Nice find.

Your oil leak could also be the rear of the oil pan, the oil separater plate next to the rear main, the rear main itself, and/or valve covers. All of that crap likes to leak on old EJs.

As for quarter panel holes, they're nothing a cheapo mig cant fix.

@2Point5GT_Dan: Yeah, I have a shop and about every tool a person could need so fixing everything shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the advice. I'll check everything and replace as needed. I just have to find time and it will be like brand new car. As much as I would like to I don't have the funds to do a motor swap.....yet. The motor in it is fine for now. I'm old enough that I don't need to squeal tires at every light and race but it would be nice to have more options as far as aftermarket upgrades go. I'll probably concentrate on the cosmetics right now. fixing the quarter panel and paint it a different color. I have some spare primer and reducer lying around. One thing I would like to is find is a cowl hood and different wheels.

@Diggerdan11: Yeah, I was amazed that it was so cheap. The guy I bought it from bought a minivan and I guess he just wanted to make room. Got lucky. Another guy was pulling up to look at it when I was looking at it. I didn't waste any time. I whipped out the cash and handed it to the owner before the other guy even got out of his truck. Didn't want it to turn into a bidding war. I'm happy. I definitely didn't lose anything.

Archived