LegacyGT.com

2008 spec.b struts worn, what do?

Rune

Hi All,

I need to replace the worn struts on my 2008 spec.b. Since I have to do it anyway, figuring now is a good time to consider suspension upgrades. Looking for recommendations on what you experts out there think would be a great setup for my vehicle.

Would like to not reduce ride height to much, but maybe a little would be OK. Would like to improve handling and reduce body roll, but also don't want it to much harder riding, as I live in Seattle, land of huge potholes.

Thanks.

I would replace/rebuild them with a set of koni inserts, and then add thicker front and rear swaybars if you haven't already. Also, you may want to see if you need to replace the front LCA bushings (rear ones), if your struts are worn, those are probably shot as well.

That would be a very comfortable, and much better performing setup than oem.

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions. scoobyscoodle, do you have a part number / source for the Konis and swaybars. Sorry for asking you to do my work for me, but my day job is kicking my butt, and I don't have time to put the proper research into this

Really interested in progressing past the stock suspension set up and think now is the perfect time to do it.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks.

I would replace/rebuild them with a set of koni inserts, and then add thicker front and rear swaybars if you haven't already. Also, you may want to see if you need to replace the front LCA bushings (rear ones), if your struts are worn, those are probably shot as well.

That would be a very comfortable, and much better performing setup than oem.

Except for the fact you can't put koni inserts into the Bilstien strut housing.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Archived