LegacyGT.com

bov mod?

BlckLgt

If you are talking about plugging the inlet, I have an ATP billet plug on mine. I run a VTA Tial Q. Its preloaded quite a bit so it compressor stalls under low throttle. Not a big deal on ball bearing turbos but it will be hard on the stock journal bearing turbos.

Yeah! And thanks for your reply! I have a stock bov, but I'm running a bnr 16g turbo. My tuner recommended doing the "bov mod" to get more boost out of the next tune. Installing a grimspeed ebcs before the next tune as well. Is it true it will help me achieve higher boost?

You should do more research before modding. If your bpv is not leaking, then upgrading will not allow you to run more boost. I would recommend the grimmspeed ebcs for simplicity but it wont necessarily "add boost". Have you upgraded fueling at all? How much boost are you running now? what is your IDC?

Off topic: I was just up in SLC, its beautiful there. Skied and stayed on the mountain down from Brighton. I already want to go back.

I love Brighton. Been boarding there twice this year so far. Need to go more.

I'm running 16.5 right now. The tuner couldn't get more out of it and said the ebcs and bov mod would get me more. He said something about the bov re-routing the boost pressure at higher boost or something. I've tried to find info on that mod, but there's surprisingly limited info on it. Haven't done injectors yet.

Archived