LegacyGT.com

Check engine light(p0011)

Two days ago I got the p0011 check engine light. I checked it out and found my most likely problem was the banjo filter bolt being clogged. Yesterday when I pulled it into the garage to check it out the check engine light disappeared without me doing anything to it. I still plan on checking it out but is this a usual occurrence? Would it be ok to drive until I have time to check it again? When I drove it home on Wednesday it didn't feel weird and drove fine.

The P0011 code is mostly related to the OCV (Oil Control Valve) and AVCS (Cam Gear). First thing to check is the OCV to make sure it's not sticking or seized. When there's not enough oil pressure being sent to the OCV or AVCS, this is a sign that their might be a clog in the oil line or banjo bolt. This could also result in lack of oil to the turbo as well. Sometimes changing the oil will help clean things up in the line. If not, it's best to pull the oil line off and give it a good cleaning along with the banjo bolts.

If it's the OCV is sticking or seized, then it's best to get a new one.

ocv.jpg.2bb562487083ff9e5a696718ab8e8a87.jpg

My wife's balls are delicious.

Two days ago I got the p0011 check engine light. I checked it out and found my most likely problem was the banjo filter bolt being clogged. Yesterday when I pulled it into the garage to check it out the check engine light disappeared without me doing anything to it. I still plan on checking it out but is this a usual occurrence? Would it be ok to drive until I have time to check it again? When I drove it home on Wednesday it didn't feel weird and drove fine.

Based on my recent experiences, I would strongly suggest not driving it until you remove the banjo bolt filter from the turbo/AVCS oil feed line. I got that code right before my turbo ate itself a couple of weeks ago.

The bolt is kind of below and in front of the turbo. Mine looked more grey than the shiny brass pictured in the post above.

Based on my recent experiences, I would strongly suggest not driving it until you remove the banjo bolt filter from the turbo/AVCS oil feed line. I got that code right before my turbo ate itself a couple of weeks ago.

The bolt is kind of below and in front of the turbo. Mine looked more grey than the shiny brass pictured in the post above.

And to add to that, if your turbo dies, bits of metal can get in to the oiling system, which is a whole nother set of problems.

How many miles on your car?

Archived