LegacyGT.com

Confirmation on when Subaru Added Security GoldPlus Plan May/Must Be Ordered

subidoobidoo

After a bout with a shady dealer/deal, I've found another dealer that seems to be priced fair and has thus far been quite honest/forthcoming with details about the history of the vehicle (autocheck & carfax, dealer service and history from Subaru).

I got a call from the "business manager" today to discuss final details of the sale and he provided me pricing on the "Subaru Added Security Classic and Gold Plus" plans, which he descibes as an "upgrade" to the CPO warranty.

I realize that this doesn't take effect until the original 3yr/26k factory warranty expires. I probably have another 12-18 months on that.

He quoted me $1030 for the 7yr/100k/$0 deductible Gold Plus, which is listed on the sell sheet as "MSRP," though it does seem lower by about 10% than what folks on other forums have been quoted from other dealers for the same coverage.

He informed me that I absolutely had to purchase this when I took delivery of the vehicle (or within 24 hours); however, the other forums claim that this warranty can be purchased at any time within the term and/or mileage of the original factory warranty.

So my question is--does anyone know for certain whether I need to make this decision when I pick up the vehicle?

I've emailed SOA, but haven't yet received a response and can't seem to find any actual terms and conditions on their site.

Thanks!

Archived