LegacyGT.com

A Mazda 6 killed my Kizashi!

It was a cold snowy morning. My Kizashi AWD was being a real trooper. Traffic was slow on the freeway...except for the 2006 Mazda 6i zooming behind me way too fast and slammed right into the back of my Kizashi, destroying the tail completely, and I then rammed into a commercial truck wrecking the front the end.

Total repair estimate was $11,000. The insurance company totaled it. My baby is dead and gone, and I was really enjoying the Kizashi. It looked slick, had an awesome sound system, the CVT transmission was butter smooth, and the AWD system was amazing.

If you get the chance to buy one, do it. As for mine...this is what was left at the auto repair joint.

The kicker, I owned it exactly 30 days, and hadn't even made my first payment...

IMG_0331.thumb.jpg.01cbe43008cc2c0058f9c014d7ed9cb8.jpg

IMG_0332.thumb.jpg.a2777f126a58e02f6a7ccefc0cb9eb06.jpg

It was a cold snowy morning. My Kizashi AWD was being a real trooper. Traffic was slow on the freeway...except for the 2006 Mazda 6i zooming zooming behind me way too fast and slammed right into the back of my Kizashi, destroying the tail completely, and I then rammed into a commercial truck wrecking the front the end.

Total repair estimate was $11,000. The insurance company totaled it. My baby is dead and gone, and I was really enjoying the Kizashi. It looked slick, had an awesome sound system, the CVT transmission was butter smooth, and the AWD system was amazing.

That blows. I always heard good things about the GTS version, but I've never sat in one, and don't know if I've ever even spotted one on the road.

Any idea what you might replace it with?

That blows. I always heard good things about the GTS version, but I've never sat in one, and don't know if I've ever even spotted one on the road.

Any idea what you might replace it with?

Once I got my insurance total, they would only pay for a rental for 3 more days, so I didn't have much time to shop around.

I ended up with a 2007 BMW 328xi with Nav and some other goodies.

And the Kizashi was really nice. I fully intended on keeping it for 4 years+. Here in Utah there seem to be quite a few in circulation. I see 2 or 3 a week. People here love their affordable AWD vehicles.

• 1 month later...
Bummer to hear, but wow. They totaled it for a total repair of 11k. What did you pay for it new?

I walked away owing nothing. The Suzuki was about $18k with tax, title, 3 year bumper to bumper extended warranty and gap.

Archived