LegacyGT.com

E-Brake light stays on

mass-hole

The e-brake light on my '09 2.5i stays on after I release the brake and drive away and never turns off. It appears that it may be temperature related, meaning it only stays on if it is really cold(like less than 20F). The brake appears to release, i certainly cannot feel it dragging. What are other reasons for this light staying on other than the cable being frozen or something. The manual seems to suggest low fluid, but it is nearly at the full line. Pads seems to have good life on all the tires. Anything else? Rotors getting too thin?

The e-brake light on my '09 2.5i stays on after I release the brake and drive away and never turns off. It appears that it may be temperature related, meaning it only stays on if it is really cold(like less than 20F). The brake appears to release, i certainly cannot feel it dragging. What are other reasons for this light staying on other than the cable being frozen or something. The manual seems to suggest low fluid, but it is nearly at the full line. Pads seems to have good life on all the tires. Anything else? Rotors getting too thin?

The light will stay on when the brake fluid level in the reservoir goes below a certain level. The temperature will cause the fluid to contract so it accentuates the situation. Generally the pads will be low or a combination of low pads and low rotors. Don't just top off the brake fluid and call it good, a lot of folks do this and then wonder why they ended up grinding their backing plates into the rotors!

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Did you check the e-brake light switch? Could be sticking.

Not yet, but I will.

The light will stay on when the brake fluid level in the reservoir goes below a certain level. The temperature will cause the fluid to contract so it accentuates the situation. Generally the pads will be low or a combination of low pads and low rotors. Don't just top off the brake fluid and call it good, a lot of folks do this and then wonder why they ended up grinding their backing plates into the rotors!

Ok, I figured it might be something along those lines. That pads still have about 1/8" before the wear indicators start to drag, but I have no clue about the rotors. I dont know if the dealer we bought it from did the rotors or not.

Archived