LegacyGT.com

Interchangeable BBK Rotors

dug-e-fresh

Hi All,

I just purchased an '09 Spec B equipped with an 8 piston, 330mm D2 BBK up front.

The rotors are the two piece design, but are pretty much shot.

I contacted D2 USA and they told me they do not stock them in the US, and would cost $400 for the pair, plus $200 for pads and an additional $150 shipping (for express though).

Anyway, I've done a lot of searching, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on this brake kit... and I am trying to avoid dropping $600+ for brakes on a car I just bought.

My biggest question is, are their alternative rotor rings (or full rotors) that can be used?

I mean as long as they are 330mm (plus/minus a couple), 5x100 and I believe 32mm thick (plus/minus a couple), they should be interchangeable with SOMETHING out there, right? At least as a full swap... I mean, I'd like to just do the rings, but idk if that makes sense.

Thx

Doug

2300 for an 8 piston BBK? Wow! You might check with Alcon or GiroDisc. However, the prices they gave you is pretty fair. An 8 piston BBK is extremely high-performant and, as such, has high performance rotors & pads. You would be better off pulling that BBK and selling it. You could even request the OEM brake setup be included in the price. Someone is always looking for a BBK setup. Especially a set as unique as that.

Does it still have the OEM lgt rear brakes? If it has rears, I'd pull the whole setup. You could probably make enough on complete system sale to finance a number of mods on the car.

Yes, still has OEM rears (with SS lines). Honestly, I'd like to keep them and will probably end up spending the money... I was just trying to find even a slightly cheaper and quicker alternative for the short term.

don't bother, you'll hate them. Just pay the money. Also, be sure to get street pads, not autox, or race pads. The stopping power in that system is so high, you;ll never get anything else warm enough to be useful.

Most likely you are stuck getting them from that place. The only alternative would be to contact Ken over at KNS brakes and see if he can get rings for you.

Big brakes like that require custom/specific rotors and pads and the big boys always wind up paying $$$$ for stuff like that :(

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Most likely you are stuck getting them from that place. The only alternative would be to contact Ken over at KNS brakes and see if he can get rings for you.

No we can't get rings for these. For almost every aftermarket kit out there, Brembo, StopTech, AP, you're limited to getting rotors from those manufacturers.

-Nick

Archived