LegacyGT.com

my 09 legacy gt exhaust

so i looked around for this anwser but could not find it, im not really the biggest person to know about cars, so i need some help. i have a 09 L 2.5GT and can see the duel exhaust in the back, i have never lifted the car myself and was wondering if it really is two pipes? or is it one pipe that splits into two pipes, does it make a difference. and what im getting to is noise , i dont have any subbie rummble or anything, it is stock , but i would like to know how to change that without spending a arm and a leg:spin:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-hog-zawst-system-sound-power-patented-washer-technology-35764.html

The cheapest option is nicknamed the hogzawst. Basically you replace the last exhaust gasket between the muffler and the exhaust tips with 1-3 washers on each bolt. SO it is essentially an exhaust leak but it costs under $5. I have been running this for a year or so now, but only have 1 washer on each bolt so it is pretty mellow but at least I can hear my engine. I have heard it gets pretty loud if you put in more washers - check out YouTube.

The next step up is the Nameless Performance Muffler Deletes. You replace your mufflers with a nice stainless steel pipe but still costs a few hundred dollars.

BTW - Welcome to the boards!

There is a single pipe running from the turbo to the axle, at which point it splits off with a y-pipe to the dual mufflers. It's for looks, not performance. I opted for the muffler delete option to get a bit more noise from my GT. I elected to build my own, and only ended up costing me around $40 in supplier and an afternoon of welding. Gives a great rumble and is surprisingly civil around town (until you floor it - then it screams).

The Spec-B gets a six speed trans, Bilstein suspension, color accented interior, and different wheels. Pretty much everything else is the same as the GT.

Archived