LegacyGT.com

Reciever in factory nav bezel

blackdiamond18

Alright, so I've looked all over, but I can't seem to find a straight forward answer. So I have an 05 LGT 5EAT without a nav screen. I was thinking of getting the nav bezel, and then buying a reciever from best buy or something and hooking that up so that it could play music from my ipod. Would that be possible? Or do you guys think it would just be easier to buy the jdm double din?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDM= less expensive. With the OEM Navi bezel you would need to cut out for aftermarket screens. There is a piece where our Buttons are on the navi screen that is the piece that needs to be cut then sanded down and bondoed or whatever you think would be best. Then next up is either finding a unit that will fit into the cubby or cutting the cubby piece since it is only so deep. While cutting the cubby piece know that that is technically cutting a piece of dash too. So if you are ok with doing some work here or there then go for it but IMO it's easier to go the JDM route.

JDM= less expensive. With the OEM Navi bezel you would need to cut out for aftermarket screens. There is a piece where our Buttons are on the navi screen that is the piece that needs to be cut then sanded down and bondoed or whatever you think would be best. Then next up is either finding a unit that will fit into the cubby or cutting the cubby piece since it is only so deep. While cutting the cubby piece know that that is technically cutting a piece of dash too. So if you are ok with doing some work here or there then go for it but IMO it's easier to go the JDM route.

JDM it is. I don't feel like doing all that cutting and modding. I wanted to know which route was less expensive, and since it looks like the jdm route is, that's the route I'll take. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived