LegacyGT.com

Invidia Q300

Dr_Tiwa

Was wondering if anybody had ever considered running the 2011 Sti Q300 on the Legacy GT. I understand it would take some modding of the exhaust itself and the bumper but I just can't get over those amazing titanium quad-tips...

The legacy exhaust cutouts are to small for the STi quad tips. I've researched this topic the images of 2011 Catbacks look close to comparison to ours. Where the CB bolts to the DP the mod would be done here to correct the degree offside other than that don't know why not.

This is my Megan Racing CB I modified to fit S.S. 2.75 pipe quad tips.

Before

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s526/Blake_Westergaard/image_zps6efd5a25.jpg

After

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s526/Blake_Westergaard/image_zpse421665a.jpg

Well there were a couple things I noticed. I'm not scared to cut into my bumper thats all plastic anyways but the 2011 cat back the piping starts to immediately curve back towards the can when it exists the back side and also the y pipe on the legacy is pushed to the left side while the y pipe for the 2011 is centered. I also believe the muffler hangers would have to be cut a rewelded (not 100%) on that part yet. So I was thinking full Legacy q300 without the mufflers, 2011 mufflers cut just behind the can and then weld em in line with rest of the legacy q300 cat back or weld the mounting piece back on closer to the muffler and mount them like normal cans

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thats what I meant by the y pipe being off to the left. You can see right behind the cans that the pipe come towards the mufflers and y's off almost directly in the middle. If you cut the pipe directly behind the can you should be able to reweld the mounts (where it mounts to y pipe) behind the can and attach to the y pipe on the legacy's invidia q300 catback

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Archived