LegacyGT.com

Not sure what to do. Help pls

Hey guys, I've searched around, but can't find exactly the answer I'm looking for. Also, my first post :icon_wink

I'm from the small Caribbean island and I own a 2005 Subaru Legacy (Turbo) BP5, with the EJ20 engine. I like doing my own repairs, but I've come across something I can't seem to solve, so I'm coming to you guys and if you get a minute to answer me, that'll be great.

I had my fuel pump go bad and so I ordered a new one and I changed it. After that I started having hesitation issues, so I changed the spark plugs and checked/cleaned the injectors. Worked for a while and then it came back, but this time I'm burning a huge amount of fuel...and I mean alot of fuel. I did a scan today and got 3 codes..."P0261 Fuel Injector Circuit Low Input - #1", P0264 Fuel Injector Circuit Low Input - #2" and the other one was with regard to my bank 2 Cam sensor, which I noticed was leaking a little oil, so I'll change that part.

I did the obvious thing and switched the injectors around, 1 to 4 and 2 to 3. Cleared the codes and took it for a run. Scanned it again and the codes were back and pointing to the same cylinders. So injectors are fine, I think.

My question is, what do you think the issue is here? Could it be an electrical issue? Bad or missing ground or do you think it's something major?

Thanks so much

Yup, it's exactly the same as the pump that came out. Purchased from the dealer. I can check the fuel pressure. What psi/bar should it be?

One of the connecting plugs to the injectors was broken, but still attached securely enough. I will change that as well, but it's at the #4 cylinder anyway and my codes are saying #1 and #2.

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

The "low" signal is the electrical signal on the injectors, and the problem seems to be electrical to me. A problem with the power supply to the #1 and #2 injectors is possible.

With the ignition on there shall be 12V at one pin at each injector.

Look at the vacation pix too:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wants-see-my-vacation-pixi-6216p24.html

453747.png

Archived