LegacyGT.com

Good place to get an interior door panel??

nasiocks

Yea so my TV died for the 2nd time in a year and I had to take it back to the store to have them fix it. I was being lazy and didn't move the passenger from seat forward and we jammed it in the back seat. In the process I focked up the passenger back interior door panel. The armrest on the door has 10-15 little vertical cuts in it where the back panel of the TV scrapped up against it. The cuts are about an 1/8 of an inch tall and they are spread out over a 6 inch area on the edge of the armrest(on the door not center armrest)

I have a friend-of-a-friend that works at a Subaru dealer and can get this panel for dealer cost. It would cost me $225 if I bought it directly from them so I'm assuming my friend could get it for about $175, maybe.

My question is, what other options do I have? Junk yard, repair it...? And if anyone knows of a good place to look for the parts besides the dealer, let me know.

Thanks.

Well, if you didn't care about the outcome, you could always try to just re-wrap the arm rest section of the panel. But unless you've done it before or know someone who has, it prolly won't turn out all that perfect.

I think it might be a bit too soon to see '05s in the junkyards...unless you watch to see if someone on the forum seriously borks up their ride and decides to do a major part-out. Or perhaps after the Spec B comes out, ppl will want to swap door cards.

Most internet parts sites are (in my experience) just front-ends for dealerships. I'd say bite the bullet, go with the friend-of-a-friend and just be a little more careful next time...

-Dave

I found it on subaruparts.com for $180 shipped. I think I'm going to do that. That friend of a friend deal is becoming a pain. He told me to print out the part number on a peice of paper and bring it to him?? ....idiot.

Archived